Wednesday, January 2, 2008

new years.

with the beginning of the year comes the opportunity to start fresh. i have never been and will never be good at keeping goals unless they are something i really want to do and probably would have done anyway, so i decided that this year i would take a different approach. the plan is to come up with a new adjective at the beginning of each month and try to do whatever i can to live that way...we'll see how it goes. this month is...

'put together'

you know those people who always look like they have it all together and didn't do anything to get it? i want to be one of them. when i leave the house without brushing my hair or making sure i have everything i need it seems that the rest of the day seems to run as unorderly as my messy hair. when i take a few more minutes and make sure i am put together, the day is more smooth, so this month (and hopefully it will stick for a lot longer) i will be working on that. how will i do it?

1. hair cut (a few inches to make it more manageable)
2.
planning ahead (menus, activities, outfits, budget)
3. make a kit for my car/office with everything i might need (extra hair things, lotion, etc)
4. get rid of the clutter
5. invest in myself (maybe a new outfit would help? doubt it, but it can't hurt)

3 comments:

Debie Spurgeon said...

I've never thought that your hair is messy. You have some wonderful tips for everyone. I'm still trying to think of a couple of resolutions myself(or maybe just narrow it down from the thousands of things I need to work on.)

Debie Spurgeon said...

And by the way, I think a new outfit ALWAYS helps!!!!!!!!

Em and Ms said...

Hey Sarah--

I just got to your blog from Debie's. It's so cute! Where did you get your layout/background? Anyways, I love your idea of a monthly thing to work on. It makes everything a little less daunting.