Wednesday, January 30, 2008
i cant remember the title.
sometimes i forget my last name. i guess it has something to do with it being the same for 22 years and 22 days and then all of a sudden its totally different. how long will it be before i get it right? will it take another 22 years? and its not like jones is a hard name to remember. along the same lines...the other day i was writing the date and i started with 19..! the last time a year actually started with a 19 was when i was 15. other people's names are another thing. usually a conversation goes like this...'hi, i'm sarah, whats your name'...'i am [other person says name]' and by this point in the conversation their name is gone from my mind. completely. usually its not hard to cover up, but sometimes its awfully embarrasing! like at work people come in and they tell me their name and the name of the person they want to see. thats two names at once! i have, on many occasions, called the person they are looking for and mixed the name up horribly. example: Jose Nombre comes in for Vladimir Grahamcrackerovich. I call Vladimir and say 'Jose Grahamcrackerovich is here for you' (and yes the names could be that different and i would still get them mixed up) this is especially embarrasing when you mix up a man and woman's name. i have a huge and completely full planner for most things, but is there any way to fix my memory before it completely shuts off!?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Oh, just wait! Wait until you have a bunch of kids, and they all have three library books each, and reading slips that need to be signed every day, and underwear and socks....then you'll want to forget your own name and run away! Only some days though :)
Have a pen on hand. Write it down first. You must be a visual learner and I bet once you see it written , you'll never forget. (after all, you are the smartest, most perceptive person I know: and Kenley.)And about the name: I've been married for almost 14 years and started to write Barnes a few weeks ago. It has to do with what else you are doing at the moment. When I get in a fluster, I do things like that without thinking. Try just to concentrate on the task at hand. (oh I'm so wise.)
HAHA..just wait till you become a mommy!!! Then you get mommy mush brain, I have it all the time now!
If you worry to much about it, I found it gets worse. Just say to yourself that you will remember names (yours) and it will happen. I do the visual thing. I see a person like Jones. I see the drink Jones. With Deb, I sing "Like a Spurgeon" by Madonna.
Post a Comment