Wednesday, December 12, 2007

organization 101

one of my favorite hobbies is organizing, so i thought i would share some of my tips, ideas, suggestions and methods...

1. don't do it all at once, small projects are easier to conquer and the sense of accomplishment keeps you going

2. if you have a place for everything, then its easier to have everything in its place - assign everything to its own home, then it doesn't lie around while you decide where it should go

3. labels, labels, labels - its important that others know where things go (if david doesn't know where something belongs he leaves it out, but if its labeled he has no excuse)

4. containers, and containers for your containers - its important to make sure that everything can be put away, it makes everything look less cluttered and when there isn't clutter things are more likely to get put away (who wants to be the one to start a mess, but its easy to add to one thats already there P.S. anything can be a container...muffin tins, cute cups, i used to use a [clean, new and painted] trash can as a laundry basket)

5. don't make things hard to get to, expecially things you're going to need frequently - that would just disorganize your organization and where's the good in that

hope this helps someone! i will put some pictures up later...if i can find my usb to connect the camera to the computer (someone didn't put it in its drawer...found it!)

2 comments:

Debie Spurgeon said...

Thanks for sharing your organizing tips. I'll remember your suggestions for my spring cleaning projects (that I should probably start now.) Problem is, I have a couple of people that follow me around and undo what I do. Sarah, I am impressed with your blog, keep up the good work.

mid said...

https://www.cekaja.com/info/manfaat-beras-hitam-untuk-tubuh-dan-wajah/