for our day off yesterday we decided to go down to utah lake and look around; our trip didnt last long though because it was freezing! we got some good pictures before we left...i really like the one of the truck (david made fun of me for taking a picture of an old truck, but i think its awesome)! and in the other one you can see timpanogos in the clouds and the foreground is the lake...frozen solid...with people standing on it (david kept wanting to go walk on the lake, but i forbade him...im a party pooper...or paranoid...or smart).
also, i wanted to share this recipe for amazing shredded pork! (i would have taken a picture, but a picture of shredded pork would probably have not been beautiful)
2 lbs pork roast
1 20 oz. bottle coca-cola
1 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup taco sauce
4 cloves garlic, chopped
1 tbsp ground cumin
1 tbsp ground mustard
Slow cook the pork in crock pot, 5-6 hours on low or 2-3 hours on high, make sure to cover half with water. Drain meat and place on large plate, break into large sections and let cool for a few minutes. Shred the pork as finely as possible and place back into crock pot. Place taco sauce, brown sugar, cumin, mustard, and garlic into blender. Blend well and then pour into crock pot with shredded pork. Heat on high for another 30-45 minutes.
6 comments:
Wow Sarah. I love that truck too. The pork sounds delish. I am curious about the taco sauce. That is one of my loves. Your a great "inspirer". Is that even a word?
I have to say I like the truck too. Great photo. I think david is just jelouse that he didn't think to take a picture of an old truck.
I love the pic with Timp. in it because it's my second favorite mountain. When it's covered with snow and set against the blue, blue sky, it's absolutely gorgeous. The pork sounds really good, I'm always looking for new dinner ideas.
Can I use caffeine free diet coke? (Just for the taste of it)
Maybe it's like alcohol and the caffeine cooks out! :)
yeah, i bet you could use whatever you want, you could probably even leave it out...it just makes the meat a lot more tender...like when people use beer.
Post a Comment