Friday, January 11, 2008

walking in a winter....wasteland?

the fresh blanket of snow is pretty and all, but don't be fooled, its a death trap. okay, so its been almost three years since 'the accident' but the thought of going out in the snowy wasteland that happens around here every wintertime makes me so nervous that i would rather stay home and watch cspan (and yes, david really does watch it...a lot) than give that snow and ice another chance to pull a fast one on me. and if you think going out might be a good option, feel free to come feel one of the six pins sticking out of my right ankle to remind you of the mayhem that occurs when those sort of risks are taken.

be careful out there.

1 comment:

Debie Spurgeon said...

Ok, I have to comment here, because I'm so glad that you are careful in the snow and ice. I cringe everytime you step on anything not solid. When you were leaving on your honeymoon after the reception and you and David started running, my first thought was: she's going to twist that ankle running on grass!!!