Monday, May 19, 2008

gas.

this weekend we went to fill up with gas and after driving all the way to costco only to realize that it closes early on a saturday we went to the local chevron station. i slid my card through the machine and picked up the pump only to have gas start to shoot out of the pump all over the ground, the car, my feet (i was wearing flip flops) and my nice jeans. someone had intentionally left that little silver clip down - holding the gas to the on position. i dont know if this is a common prank or what, but it was not cool.

*it reminded me of this moment in zoolander.

i just wanted to warn you all t0 check the pump before you pay!!

3 comments:

Jan said...

Oh no Sarah. Did you get a discount? That was so not cool. And I will start to check that out. I just don't understand some people and what makes them laugh.

Debie Spurgeon said...

NOT COOL. I hope you were headed home and not going somewhere, or that would make it twice as frustrating.

(The bathroom is actually our master bath, we took the tub out to do the tiles. So, no window improvements on the downstairs. You will have to continue to go up to use the loo. There are blinds in that room Sarah.)

On current plan we'll be in Utah on July 3-6th. Can we bunk at your joint?

Anonymous said...

that happened to me once...and I was out of town on a little day trip so I went around smelling like gas for the rest of the day =( I totally understand. From that point on, I always put the nozzle in my car before pushing the button for what grade I want.