Friday, May 16, 2008

confused.

this lady at work asked me my name one day. i told her it was sarah and she has used my name correctly every day for about three months.

then earlier this week she started calling me emily.

i know that she knows (or at least knew) my name is sarah since she has used it so many times and now i dont know how to tell her that my name did not change to emily.

what would you do?

5 comments:

Debie Spurgeon said...

say, "I must remind you of someone you know named Emily, because I'm Sarah." Make it light and then change the subject, so she isn't too embarrassed. You have to do it sooner than later though.

Anonymous said...

I am not going to bemuch help on this one, but i am lauging really hard right now.

Anonymous said...

I would start calling her a different name =)

EarlGirl said...

We have this guy who's been working on our house. That night, I was talking to Lewis about him and I referred to him as Kyle. Kyle? Lewis asked, his name's Todd! I knew that, Kyle is his new baby's middle name. I was mortified, because I'd introduced him to a lot of people that day, and I must have been calling him Kyle all day. I had to ask him about it before he even walked in the door the next morning. I was so relieved when he reassured me that I had been calling him by the right name. Whoever is calling you Emily would probably love to know right away of her mistake, and she'll surely be mortified too.

Jan said...

These are tough situations. I have a horrible method that I use. It has worked for me, but usually people know my personality. But when they say the wrong name to me like- Hi Carol.. Then I tell them my name is Jan and they usually say sorry- Then I say "its okay Fred" which isn't their name. And then we generally roar. It always works for me anyways. Good luck with that Emily. It will all work out.