Thursday, April 3, 2008

ecclectic?

our house is "decorated" with the furniture that came with the condo, david's things and all the stuff i have collected for my different apartments. it basically just looks like a bunch of stuff piled into one place. we dont want to go out and spend a bunch of money on this condo since we know we won't be here forever, but a change needs to happen (this is part of the whole 'details' goal for this month). so, i am asking for your help (and i know that there are a lot more of you that read this than leave comments, so if you have any ideas please let me know!) the biggest problem for me is the living room (1) thats the room most guests see (2) its where we spend most of our time, so here are a couple pictures in its current state:

*the view from the front door - what would look good on that wall above the couch?

*yes, that is antm cycle 8 playing on the tv - i liked natasha better than jaslene, oh well. and theres a sweet painting by david's brother randy

let me know if you have any ideas -- color suggestions, something for the walls, curtains maybe? painting is an option (keep in mind that in the kitchen there is a red wall that is visible from this room) and we are basically up for anything that doesnt cost too much!

all suggestions are welcome and encouraged!

7 comments:

Debie Spurgeon said...

That humongous picture of me and you would do the trick, but like you want me staring at you all day. Get some canvasas and paint or decoupage or put some really cool fabric on them.

Jan said...

Some curtains yes. That would really add a punch. Then something behind your couch for a walk in the room focal point. I like the red in the shoes by the door too. They match well. I think you room looks bright and cheery. You may want to darken the walls with a lighter version of the yellow in that picture above the tv. Good job and I like that your trying instead of just wanting to exist as newlyweds.

Anonymous said...

I like pictues of faces and people. But not formal portraits. You can enlarge and frame some of your favorite pictures of you and David. OR even of the cutest kids on earth. Debie has plenty of pictures of them.

Dweezleboss said...

Plants. Definitely plants. or even just one nice one. I found having some sort of theme for the room helps me decide. Asian, early american, rustic. A big focal theme setter, and then details to match. Nice to be part of your life through blogs! Aunt Renee

Jenn said...

I love the Better Homes and Gardens website. It has TONS of decorating ideas. I'm there whenever I am faced with a house project.

Jenn said...

P.S. Do you know what I think would be cute? That picture of you and David by the red phone booth enlarged right above the couch. I think it's so cute!

Jenn said...

Okay, call me obsessive...
I would paint a light gray, bright white trim, I would accent with the colors in the painting with couch pillows, picture frames, curtains, primary color art. I would center the couch on the wall and move the lights on either side of it. I would move the little white end table closer to the chair then. I might take out the glass table or putting color under the glass is an interesting idea. For the wall with Randy's painting it looks like the ceiling is slanting down to the right. I would try to balance that out somehow. It is kind of accentuated by the higher shelf on the left and lower on the right. If it isn't, call me crazy and don't look at this a second time!
Have fun with your projects!