i was called to be the relief society publicist
(is this even a calling in other wards? byu wards seem to make up callings a lot) and part of that job is to create a newsletter each month. i made this header for the newsletter and i thought it was just a cute little bird on a branch, but david thinks it is scary and 'reminded him of halloween'.

do you think its too scary for a relief society newsletter? should i save it for the october newsletter? be honest, i can take it!
(it has to be black and white, but if anyone has a recommendation just let me know!)
4 comments:
I seriously want that. That is really the greatest newsletter header I have ever see. Fantastic taste Sarah.. You will be so good at this calling.
I agree with David. I think its the combination of the twisty font (byu) and the bird that makes it feel a little like movie credits for The Nightmare Before Christmas. I think if you just add a little flower or fruit embellishment it would fix it. I was in charge of my Relief Society newsletter in one of my BYU wards and I titled it "The Society Page" - you know like the section of big city newspapers where the rich people put their wedding announcements. I thought it was funny.
I do like it, a lot. I think that a little flower or something might soften it to look more springy/summery. Cherie's suggestion of a fruit hanging might work, since I know your now flowery. I think in color (check out Danyelle's similar new header) it would look a lot different, but meaning as it has to be B/W then a little something else might be good. Say a butterfly. HaHa I couldn't resist saying that. Sorry.
By the way, this is the perfect calling for you and your computer skills.
Maybe if the branch wasn't so curly and more straight it wouldn't look so halloween-ie?
Post a Comment