Monday, May 9, 2011

elephants.

The circus was in town this weekend and on Friday afternoon they did an elephant brunch where they brought the elephants out onto the street and fed them a lunch of entire loaves of bread, bunches of bananas, giant carrots and for dessert they each got a whole watermelon, which they squished with their foot to break into pieces and eat.

While we waited some clowns and the ringmaster did some juggling and tricks

Then the elephants marched out

And they got to eat their lunch!

It was awesome, and free!

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Thats cool.. ive never seen an outdoor circus... and it was free!

Heather Curtis said...

AWESOME! I want to go to that! I'll be honest, elephants intrigue me. They are just so stinking enormous and weird looking! Seriously- those are some major ears and nose. And the baby elephant at the zoo was Korver's favorite animal. He would have loved it. I can't believe it was free. Was it totally crowded? It doesn't look too bad in the pictures.