Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Tour

Cecily's first room...

Her super cute crib is from David's parents (thanks!)
Decorations on a budget...some flowers and toadstools I made from my old scrapbooking paper and ribbons.

I've had this since high school, but it goes well in her room. And I love it.We bought this rocking chair on craigslist and then painted it turquoise. I would really like to do something like this project from Design Mom eventually. I also made that little cushion with rosettes from some old felt scraps and it turned out pretty well. The tutorial is here, I did mine a little differently though.
These I started with more old scraps before she was born and they aren't even finished yet...

Tissue paper pom-pom. And her little acorn jar from a yard sale to keep all her jewelery in.
P.S. Guests are always welcome!

7 comments:

Debie Spurgeon said...

I'm impressed Sarah. I was so excited to see a post from you. I was hoping it was pictures of your new place.

Did the cake turn out?

Natalie said...

I love it Sarah!! So adorable. I like that you didn't use the usual pastels for Cecily's room. All of the little accents are so cute, especially the alphabet. Love it all. Now that we are on the same side of the US, I think I probably need to hire you to decorate my home...and it would be a perfect reason to visit :)

Unknown said...

Stinkin cute! I've been looking for fun ideas of how to make my girls' room cuter but I doubt I can beat what you've done. I love it!
Great job!

Jill said...

SO, SO CUTE!! Youve always been so creative! Oh and i love Cecily chuckling at you clapping. Dont you just love that!?!

Elizabeth said...

That is super cute! I love the flowers and toadstools--and the alphabet!!
-elizabeth

Samantha said...

It looks great. You really got creative. I love your use of scrap booking stuff on the walls!

Michelle Williams said...

Fun, cute ideas! I love the colors, especially the rocking chair, love it all. Clever girl!