As you may have noticed, we went on a bit of a blogging break. I knew I would want to come back to it sometime, which is why I didn't just delete it completely, but I felt guilty because everyone was checking it, so I privatized it.
I felt like I only ever blogged the good, the accomplishments, the happy and positive and that wasn't a real representation of us. Not that we have terrible lives, but everything isn't always PERFECT, which was all I was blogging about. I felt kind of guilty and ended up feeling a little inadequate in real life when I didn't have something perfect to post about. And honestly, most of our days are just basic and routine. I felt fake and that is something I really just can't stand.
As I start over on this whole thing I have decided to keep it simple and keep it real. Not to say that I am going to start posting the mundane and otherwise un-interesting events from our days, but I am not going to let myself feel pressured about frequent posts and doing things 'so that I can blog about them.' If something interesting happens, I'll put it out there.
So...here it goes again, but with a new perspective.
No comments:
Post a Comment